Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fabric Stash put to use

Tomorrow is my neice Indiya's 5th birthday party! I am making her cake (which I will post pics of later) and making her present this year. As I have said in earlier posts - we are financially challenged- so from now on homemade gifts with materials I already have is my goal. According to my sis-in-law - the last thing Indiya needs is another Barbie (although that's what she wants - she is a 5 year old girl, y'know) So I waded through my fabric stash and found some perfect little girl fabric (confession: I had to buy the ribbon at Joann's - but I had a coupon - it cost me $1.29) and made her a sundress with a mtaching dress for one of her 17 Barbies. It actually fits Tessah as a shirt - so I'm sure I will be making this again.

I stole the idea for this dress from here....


http://daisyjanie.typepad.com/daisyjanie/2007/12/how-to-bandana.html
AND here
http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2009/03/bandanna-dress/

I had no bandannas so I Googled the "standard bandanna size" and cut my fabric appropriately.

What do you think?

3 comments:

gammongirl59 said...

You are so clever. 'm sure India will love it.
Miss you
Love
MOM

Marguerita McManus said...

Oh my goodness -I *LOVE* that fabric and it looks so cute as two dresses! She's going to love it! I hope we get to see a pic of her wearing it :)

Michelle said...

What a great job! I miss u.